What is LOW BACK PAIN ICD 10 (ICD-10 CODE: M54.5)?
ICD-Code M54.5 is a billable ICD-10 code used for healthcare diagnosis reimbursement of chronic low back pain. Its corresponding ICD-9 code is 724.2.
ICD-9 Code Transition: 724.2
Code M54.5 is the diagnosis code used for Low Back Pain (LBP), also referred to as lumbago.
Other Synonyms Include in Low Back Pain ICD 10:
- Acute low back pain
- C/O – loin pain
- C/O – low back pain
- Chronic low back pain
- Complaining of backache
- Facet joint pain
- Loss of sensation in the lumbar spine
- Unmanageable low back pain
- Loin pain
- Low back pain
- Low back pain in pregnancy
- Lumbar ache – renal
- Lumbar facet joint pain
- Lumbar spine – tender
- Lumbar spine painful on movement
- Lumbar trigger point syndrome
- Mechanical low back pain
- Myofascial pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- O/E – lumbar pain on palpation
- On examination – abdominal pain on palpation
- Pain in the lumbar spine
- Pain radiating to the lumbar region of the back
- Posterior compartment low back pain
- Postural low back pain
- Sacral back pain
- Tenderness of left lumbar
- Tenderness of right lumbar
GENERAL ICD-10 OVERVIEW
ICD (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health problems) are now on their tenth revision. This medical classification list is produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) and helps healthcare providers classify and code health conditions.
ICD-10 is needed for use by physicians and healthcare providers under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and replaces all ICD-9 code sets.
Many more new diagnoses can be traced using ICD-10.
Some expanded code sets, like ICD-10-CM, have over 70,000 codes.